How to Rev Up Your Metabolism
If you are having a difficult time with your weight loss, maybe you need to give your metabolism a boost. There are many little things you can do during the day to increase your metabolism - from being more fidgety to ensuring that you stay hydrated. Here are some suggestions that can help you kick your metabolism into gear, making it easier to lose weight and get healthy.
1. Drink Cold Water Drinking cold water forces your body to heat up the water to digest it properly, thus using more calories and boosting your metabolism.
2. Start Your Day with Exercise Movement increases metabolism during the activity and long after you've stopped the activity. Start your day with exercise and try to find other times during the day to keep moving. Take frequent breaks to get up and stretch if you work at a desk. Stand up while working instead of sitting.
3. Use Caffeine Many people are leary of adding caffeine but let's be honest - it's in many supplements and drinks, and most of us use it. If you have no health issues that make it impossible to use, realize that it can boost metabolism. Be careful not to over do it.
4. Eat Healthy Lean Protein Don't add protein powders and processed ingredients to your food. Try to incorporate real foods into your diet. Eat healthy lean proteins which can be found in vegetables, fruit, legumes, fish, and lean meat.
5. Drink Green Tea It is loaded with antioxidants, caffeine and something called EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate). EGCG is thought to boost metabolism and green tea can be a great refreshing drink.
6. Use Gym Machines When looking for fitness routines don't shy away from gym machines and equipment. These machines are excellent in helping you burn calories with less work. Try the elliptical machines.
7. Eat Omega 3s They can be found in salmon, hemp seeds, flax seeds and chia seeds, and are all great ways to get in your Omega 3s which help lower the risk of heart disease, depression and dementia.
8. Try lifting weights Incorporate a weight lifting regimen into your daily exercise routine. Building muscle is a good way to help burn calories and boost your metabolism.
9. Take Resveratrol Supplements This ingredient, found in red wine, grapes, cherries, and cranberries, reacts on the body a lot like caffeine. It increases motivation and revs up the metabolism. It may be a heathier option than caffeine.
Whichever methods you chose to incorporate into your life, it is important that you talk to your health care provider to make sure that you are generally healthy. Adding supplements and even exercise can be dangerous for some people, especially if you've been sedentary for a long time. So it's important that you go to your doctor, get a clean bill of health, and then work toward revving up your metabolism in the healthiest ways that you can find.
Like what you see here? Sign up for regular emails with recipes, tips, and other motivation excerpts to stay on track. Be sure to subscribe to our blog and newsletter.