Looking for a quick, easy but lighter lunch idea? Try this tasty and easy to prepare lunch.
1 1(4oz) Butterball Turkey Sausage Link Package
1 green or red bell pepper
1 (10oz) Frozen package of diced sweet potatoes
1-2 TBSP dry rosemary
4 TSP garlic powder
Salt/pepper to taste
To save on cooking time and prep, I prefer to buy frozen sweet potatoes. Purchase the brand that doesn't have any added seasoning and you can steam in the microwave.
- Steam your sweet potatoes in the bag in microwave according to package directions (about 3-4 min.)
- Remove bag from microwave and place on even layer in a roasting pan lined with parchment paper. Spray lightly with oil spray. Lightly season with half of the garlic powder and rosemary seasoning.
- Place sweet potatoes in broiler oven and roast for about 5 minutes just to get a nice roast on the edges. (Make sure that you keep an eye on the potatoes to avoid burning).
- Remove from oven and place to side.
Sausage and pepper mix
- Wash and cut onions and bell peppers into thin slices.
- Slice sausage links into rounds
- Use a nonstick pan and spray lightly with oil spray. Cook on medium heat.
- Sautee onion and bell peppers until onions start to become translucent.
- Add sliced sausage and brown on each side for about 5 minutes.
- Add seasoning (rosemary, garlic powder, and salt/pepper to taste).
- Reduce heat and continue cooking process until sausage are lightly browned on both sides and onions and peppers are tender.
- Add sweet potatoes into the pan and heat through.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
Like what you see here? Sign up for regular emails with recipes, tips, and other motivation excerpts to stay on track. Be sure to subscribe to our blog and newsletter.